Thursday, December 16, 2010

Preparation

It's now one week before we leave on our Argentinian journey, and my unemployed bum is so excited and so grateful to be spending time with my loved ones and preparing for this adventure! Fully vaccinated, with a sweet emergency kit made by Deanna, a UV water filter gifted to us by Carmen, and two cozy sheet sacks (I'm surprisingly uptight about unknown bedding) sewed by Bre, I'm feeling more prepared.

I have made a great many purposeful decisions in my life, but usually ones that feel more expected and clear: college, work, grad school, marriage. All of these wonderful choices that have brought me here, sitting and reading about organic farm exchanges on Argentinian estancias, the fabulousness of the peña folkloricos in Palermo (all night music party? yes, please!), the out-of-this-world natural beauty of the Patagonian Andes, calving glaciers, backpacker barbecues, tangoistas so talented and well known they have become history themselves, dulce de leche, fileteado street art, 11pm dinners, and days of exploring...crap. I have to get away from this computer and enjoy this lovely Seattle December! All this to say that I am very much looking forward not only to a beautiful, exciting vacation with CJ, but also to making choices based on curiosity, passion, wanderlust and a lot of joie de vivre!

We are so lucky our sweet friend Sadie will be living at our house and cuddling the kitties while we are gone. I will be putting my phone on standby and mostly communicating through email, though I plan to get a cellphone while in Buenos Aires. Please email! I am still unsure what the second month of my trip will look like, but will be coming back some time in February. We will miss you while we are away, and will try to keep this blog updated when we have access to internet cafes in order to share some of our adventures with you.

love,

keren

2 comments:

  1. Darlings! How to resist the pleasure of such great writing, and to get up to date reports in almost real time! I am thrilled that you are heading towards such adventure, and making choices as you described above! Careful - you'll get addicted to that as a strategy! May you both have the time of your lives! xo -D

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: eeeeeeee!!! Love the blog already. Love you guys. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete